How to Use Snapchat for Your Design Business
Snapchat's not just for millennials. There are great ways to optimize this social network for your design business too. Here are some tips on how to utilize this platform in a strategic way while also having some fun and injecting personality into your posts.
1. Create Custom Geo-Filters for Events: Even if you never use your Snapchat account for daily posting, geo-filters are a great way to promote a specific event. The examples above are filters Dering Hall has used for past events. They are an incredibly affordable marketing tool to increase attention around a design event.
2. Repurpose Photography - Share your latest project on Snapchat by adding photos to your Snapchat story from your camera roll. This just means that all the photos you share aren't necessarily taken live. You can use professional photography taken of your work to help curate your posts.
3. Show your life behind the scenes - Give a glimpse of your team and process on Snapchat. This might not be content you share anywhere else, which will give your followers even more reason to check it out.
4. Draw or Write on Snaps - Add some character to your Snapchat story by writing on your images or using emojis. Snapchat isn't a serious social network, so put some personality into it!
5. Cross-Promote: Use Snapchat for self-promotion. Remind your followers to check out your social presence on other networks like Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.