5 Tips for Posting an "Instagrammable" Image
If you are looking to build a larger following and generate awareness on Instagram, there are some guidelines to consider when posting your design images. Here are five suggestions that will help curate the best possible Instagram account.
1. Share Inspiration Post images that inspire your work or you personally. It's likely that your followers will feel the same way.
2. Show Your Process Give a behind-the-scenes peek at your creative process. Be sure to post a part of your day with some "wow factor."
3. Be Relatable and Authentic Post about your design work in a way that reflects the way you do your design work. Mood boards are always a hit.
4. Focus on the Details Don't be tempted to always share a shot of the full room or design. It's a good idea to focus in on details and accessories at times.
5. Showcase Color When it comes to design work, inspiration, and personal photos, vibrant colors help the features pop on any Instagram feed.
Instagram is a place for you to tell a complete story, not just document your projects. So show your personality, your inspiration, and your process as part of your story. This way, followers will want to follow you, not just your work.
If you are interested in learning more about how to use Instagram to promote design, join us for an exclusive webinar on Thursday, March 21 at 1:00 PM Eastern. We will be joined by Lizzie MacNeill, Partnerships and PR Lead at Later.com (an Instagram marketing platform that visually plans and schedules Instagram posts), and Skylar Frederick, Social Media Manager at Chairish, who will help break down the latest in the algorithm, how to create better stories, and things to avoid on Instagram.